Gluten Free Granola and Banana Bread
Gluten Free Granola
- 250g oats
- 250g soya flakes
- 118g of sultanas
- 59g of pumpkin seeds
- 60g of flaxseeds
- 60g of chia seeds
- 60g of sunflower seeds
- 85g of pecans
- 85g of banana chips
- 85g of coconut
- 85g of coconut oil
- 60g of maple syrup
- Mix all the ingredients together and put them in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes at 180º.
- Let them cool and then put them in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Add quinoa pops or amaranth pops for some added crunch and flavor.
- Eat for breakfast with milk.
Soy flakes can be exchanged for oats and any other gluten free grain. Maple syrup can be exchanged for honey.
Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 500g of gluten free flour
- 4 to 5 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 125g of sugar
- 125g of room temperature butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda (natron)
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 175ºC, 350ºF and grease a baking pan with butter or baking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, bicarbonate soda, baking powder and salt. Set it aside.
- In another bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas until the batter is well blended.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture, use a spatula for this.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
You could add dark chocolate cocoa powder to the mix to make it a chocolate banana bread, or add sugar chocolate chips.
1 serving has 333 calories